Monday, August 1, 2011

Tom's Ukulele, Sides

So I decided that I'd get to work on the sides tonight.  I set up my makeshift bending iron, got a tub of water, and my set of test strips.  It took about 4 tries before I got the hang of it and didn't leave any scorch marks.  Once I had the method to where I was comfortable, I got out the good set and had at it.  First one went rather smoothly, but on the second one I had a small crack occur.  I think its close enough to the end that it shouldn't matter.  Either way, it will sand out and be almost invisible by the time i'm done.  I accidentally melted part of my heat gun though.  I think I'll be more careful next time.  Heh...


I'm gonna let this set overnight and dry out/cool off.  Tomorrow after court I plan on trimming it to size and  installing a neck and tail block.

No comments:

Post a Comment