Sunday, August 28, 2011

Tom's Ukulele.

So I've been up for 44 hours straight, I apologize if I stop making sense or go off on irrelevant tangents.  I got the last couple coats of finish on over the weekend.  Got a 6" polisher/buffer at harbor freight on saturday, but didn't get to that until today.  So here it is all finished. 



Specs:
  • Bookmatched Black Walnut front/back/sides
  • Brazilian Ebony fretboard and bridge
  • Camel bone nut and saddle
  • Black walnut two piece neck
  • Banjo style friction tuning pegs
  • Mother of pearl inlays
  • Ivoroid synthetic ivory bindings
  • Overall length 20"
  • 2 1/8" deep
  • 6 1/4" wide at lower bout
  • 40mm width at the nut, 55mm at the heel
  •  350mm scale length


I'm too tired to tune it up right now.  Gonna take a nap and do that in the morning.  Next up will be a special custom for my best customer, Lou Shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment