Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tom's Ukulele, Neck part 1

Sorry for the delayed update, been too busy working on this thing and been slacking on updates.  So the other night I glued up what I planned on using as the neck block and drew up the profile.

I had to draw it on this side, for the record, that isn't a crack.  I had originally glued a heel piece on, and decided to go another route, and cut it off.

I put the block through the bandsaw and cut it oversized to account for any sloppiness.  I only have 1 blade for it right now, and it doesn't like to make straight cuts. 



After cutting it out, I spent several hours sanding and filing it so that the headstock was flat and even thickness, and so that the heel area didn't show any saw marks.




I decided that was enough work for the night and saved the fretboard for the next day.  Those pics are coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment