Friday, August 5, 2011

Tom's Ukulele, Trimming up the sides

When I woke up around 2, I took all the clamps off and popped the mold off.  Looks like both sides are secure, and I won't really need any touchups.




After dinner, I got out my laminate trimmer, and a flush/trim bit I bought from Stew Mac and practiced a few times trimming some 1/4" plywood scrap flush to my workbench.  After I was confident with my work, I went to town on the body.  My only real gripe about it is that it left a grease mark on the sides, but I have some finish sanding to do anyways, so it isn't a huge deal.  Other than that, I'm very pleased with the results.




I'm going to wait until after I do the bindings to get all the sanding taken care of.  I have to go pick the strips up from Specimen since I don't have enough in stock here.  Possibly going to do that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment