Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Tom's Ukulele update

This will be part one of 2 or 3 updates today. 

I did the carving on the braces earlier, and will put that in a separate post.  Just came in from the garage, needed a break to dry off, so I wanted to post the rough cut of the mold up.

I had a 2x12 scrap under my workbench that wasn't warped, and decided to cut it out of that instead of buying more plywood and doing a poor job laminating it.  I drew out a center line, and traced my pattern onto it.  I initially was going to try with my router, but I just couldn't see well enough.  I ended up scrapping that idea, and made room to get to the bandsaw. 

Here's the rough cut, I'm gonna use sanding drums in my drill press to get the rest down to my outline and smooth out a few areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment