Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tom's Ukulele part 2.

Today I slept all day, and decided I wasn't gonna waste the whole night doing nothing sitting on the computer.  I cut all the braces out of some 3/8 and 1/2" poplar dowels, and got the ones for the back glued in.  While I had those all setting in my clamping jig, I cut out the sound hole on the top so it would help me place the braces on that side.



I used a hole saw in my drill press to do the soundhole.  It slipped a couple millimeters while pressing it in, so its slightly off center.  I'm gonna use hand files to clean that up so its more centered.

After that I figured out where I needed the braces for the top, I'm using the bigger braces for this side, since it'll be under string tension.  Those will get glued in after the back comes out of my jig, and then I can get to shaping them.



Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment