Thursday, July 7, 2011

Gibson Southern Jumbo complete

Last night I got the last 2 braces in.  I had initially been worried that I would need to do some touch up work because it was really hard to set them in line with the old glue lines, but they're solid as a rock.  I took off the clamps and jacks this morning, and polished and strung it up, and fuck does she sound pretty.  I didn't have any acoustic strings in stock, so I put some 12 gauge steels on there and it has some amazing sustain.  Played a couple songs to make sure she'd stay in tune, and I think its ready to go.  The crack on top is still noticeable, but its solid.  I don't want to risk touching up the finish and potentially ruin it, so I left it as is.  Hoping the owner is happy when he picks it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment