Saturday, April 18, 2009

Neck/body join

The final step I took today was to cut out the area where the top of the body will sit. I had originally intended to use my wood carving tools, but felt lazy and used the jigsaw. here's the part I mentioned in my previous post about it being a pile of crap that doesn't cut straight. I had to cut one side, then flip the neck and cut from the other side due to the flexibility of the cheap 2 dollar blade, and the saw's inability to cut straight. After I finished, I glued in a few strips to level it out. This will all be covered by a piece of plywood, so it wasn't vitally important to me to cut it correctly or make it look good. I got the length of the cut where I wanted it, so I'm satisfied.

Pretty damn ugly huh? Oh well, Like I said, this section will be covered with the body wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment