Monday, April 20, 2009

Cutting the body

So before I got around to cutting the body out, I did 2 things. First, I decided to extend the size of the body by an inch and a half. Second, and more importantly, I realized that I had stupidly drilled the holes for the tuners by sight and by no means of measurement. This left the middle tuner in a spot where I wouldn't be able to tune it. Here's how I cut it down:So after that, I started cutting out the body. As you'll see, I went with sort of a trapezoidal shape as Nick calls it. I'm going to add the "M" holes later. I have to get a better router bit for that I think. I can get that cheaply at my favorite toy store. There's nothing really to tell about cutting down my plywood, just used a circular saw and made some 13x12" rectangles to start with. Marked off my middle and drew the lines and cut em out with the jigsaw. I pretty much did the same with the sides, and i'm gonna cut some more strips later for bracings. Here's a bunch of pics. Sorry for the lack of info here, this was just a really simple proccess and not much to ramble about.
So after all that cutting, I cut out a small piece of wood to use as a bridge/saddle, and glued that in, as well as glued the top of the body to the neck. After that all dries, I'm going to add some bracings to the back, which I'll cut later and take more pics for you to see. Here's the rest of what I've got, I'll try to make my next post more detailed or entertaining or something. heh.


And now I gotta let the glue set for a couple hours and see if I need to add more to that messy part of the neck. More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment