Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lots to catch up on

So i've been slacking on the posts here. I was out of town thursday and friday skating out in Fort Wayne, and Saturday I had class and began on my archtop. I'll be posting all that jazz (no pun intended) after I finish up this thing, which should be this week.


So I finished gluing on all the sides mid-last week. It was kind of a pain since I only did a couple at a time since i've only got one set of clamps at the moment and can't find my C-Clamps.

So after all that had set and whatnot, I sanded down the tops, and cut out some spots that were too high, and glued on the top section. It took a few tries to get it seated evenly, I ended up having to cut off some overlapping corners, but got it to where I wanted it. Clamped that up and let it sit while I was out of town.



Now today, I finally got around to sanding down the rough spots on the sides and sanding/prepping the top for staining. I just did the same as always, 100/150/220, and then a buffing steel wool pad.





So the last things I did before staining was I drilled the holes for the strings, and I also put in a neck block, to cover my sloppy cutting job.



i'm gonna post the staining in a separate blog, I only began staining a little while ago, so it won't be done til late tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment