Saturday, April 18, 2009

howdy

Ok, I'm not on my good computer right now so I'll have to make my first real post later tonight. Right now, I'm working on a pair of custom cigar box guitars. I saw some "how-to" videos and decided I could do way better than just a 1x2 nailed to a cardboard box. So far I've shaped the back of the neck to a smooth C shape, radiused the fretboard to a 9.5" radius (halfway between gibson and fender) and I've cut away the portion where the body will come even with the fretboard. I also cut away the section which will serve as a headstock and drilled the holes for tuners. Now keep in mind when I post pics later, that I don't have a bandsaw yet, i'm using my 12 dollar jigsaw from walmart and it doesn't cut straight at all. Oh, also, Instead of going with a straight cigar box shape, i've got some 1/4 inch maple plywood that I'm using to custom shape the body. stay tuned for pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment