Monday, November 7, 2011

Overdue post

I've been kinda slacking on the blog lately, Had mainly just been sending pics of the steel string uke straight to the buyer to show her progress.  I've got the body dyed and bound now, here's where that one is at currently:


It looks kinda blue in this pic, but when I put the finish on, it will mellow out to a nice green shade since the shellac I have has a yellow tint to it.

I've also cut out the necks and laid out the headstock shape.  Right now i'm waiting for a new bit to arrive so I can inlay it, as well as a better sawblade for cutting the fret slots.






This will get sanded to clean up the rough cuts.  Since I'm going with steel strings, I've added a 1/8 x 1/2" steel bar for strength against the string tension to avoid it bowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment