Sunday, November 13, 2011

Concert Ukulele, nearing the end

So a few nights ago I cut out the inlay for the headstock after doing all the neck shaping and slotting the headstock.  I still need to dye the faceplate on the headstock before I route it out and glue in the logo.



I still need to clean that up a little bit to remove some sloppy edges. 

Last night, I did the cleanup work on the neck to remove a few tool marks.  That took way less time than expected, soI dyed the back of the neck with the Dark Green to match the sides, Managed to get the color right and only really needed 2 coats.  I let that dry overnight.



I was supposed to go skate this morning, but a combination of heavy winds, and a very sore back put me out of commission.  I ended up sleeping all day, but when I woke up, I got right back to work and glued in the neck.


I let that set for about 90 minutes, and just took it out of the clamps.  It feels pretty solid, so I'm gonna let it set another hour or two before I finish up the fretwork.  As you'll see in the next pic, the fretboard looks pretty messy, I still have to level and crown the frets, as well as finish sand and buff up the fretboard. 



Not quite sure why that posted vertically.  Weird.  Oh well, thats all for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment