Monday, November 7, 2011

Concert Ukulele fretboard

So I started slotting the fretboard this afternoon with the saw I used on Tom's uke.  About halfway up the board, I heard the mail truck come by and went out to see if any of my orders came in.  Fretwire was in one of the packages, and I guess I didn't check the size of what I ordered, and this stuff is super narrow.  Too narrow for the slots I had cut even.  So, I started over with a razor saw and a makeshift miter guage to make sure I cut em straight.  Finally finished up a few hours ago, and glued in the inlay dots while i was at it.  While those were drying, I went to work shaping the dovetail joint on the neck, and also cut out the female joint on the body.  I don't have pics of the neck at the moment, my batteries died after shooting pics of the body.  Here's a few others for now:




Since I got pushed back a few hours having to recut the fret slots, I'll do the binding tomorrow.  Its too late now to be using the belt sander to flush up the sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment