Sunday, May 1, 2011

Stellaaaaaaaaaa part 2

Finished up the stella yesterday. I was in a hurry to get everything glued and clamped up, and forgot to take any pics. I got the brace back in pretty easily using a modified clamp as a scissor jack and just let that set. Instead of dealing with a full on neck reset because the neck angle was good, it was just loose, I made a glue syringe and injected glue into the neck pocket and clamped it down overnight. Looks pretty good today, should hold up fine as long as Lou doesn't put 13's on it and tune all the way up to standard like i keep telling him not to do on the cheaper guitars. heh.


I realize that Its probably not all that easy to tell what I've done in the after pic, but oh well, felt like posting this anyways since it has other projects in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment