Tuesday, December 3, 2013

#017 - KT's Kids Chamber Pot

Well, I've got about 4 days to complete this before the benefit, and I'm almost done.  Painting, staining, and clearcoats are all done.  Pot/cone is bolted in.  Bridge and tailpiece are cut and stained.  Headstock has been branded.  Cut the nut, just need to shape it.  Other than that, I just need strings so I can score the bridge and its ready to rock.  I had to ditch the coverplate, when I went to bolt it in earlier, I realized that it was sitting too low and might deaden the vibrations on the pot.  Oh well, still looks badass to me.  Here's the progress pics, and please visit ktskids.com for info about sunday!

tape is just on there for reference for when I put the tailpiece on.


I cut the bridge 1/4-3/8" oversized in height, will take it down once i have strings on it to determine the height.


No comments:

Post a Comment