Sunday, October 9, 2011

Soprano ukulele #2

 This one is currently unclaimed, so if anyone is interested, contact me at Callahanguitars@yahoo.com

So I've currently got plans to do a Concert Ukulele for a friend/customer in Vancouver, BC.  Unfortunately, the wood hasn't arrived yet, so I decided to get started on a 2nd soprano uke with some wood I got in last week.   It'll make it easier to do 2 at once, that way I only have to set up the bending iron once.  I won't be doing these posts quite as detailed as Tom's, but I'll try to keep up with progress.  Today I planed/jointed, glued up, scraped, and sanded the top and back, and sanded the sides.  The top and back are bookmatched 1/8" maple, while the sides are 1/16" maple from the same guy I bought Tom's walnut from.



It's kinda hard to see my pencil marks on there, but the sound hols most likely won't be that big, I just drew it on for reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment