Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Concert Ukulele, part 4?

I can't recall how many updates I've posted on this one...  Sorry for the lack of updates by the way, I've been sending pics directly to the customer instead of posting them since most of this stuff I've done before.  I got both ukuleles braced over the weekend, and started doing the side bending today.  Got the soprano done, and as I started on the Concert, my heat gun blew up.  Had to sit around for a few hours until my sister got home so I could go get a replacement.  Ended up getting my new one, but decided to switch to a small propane torch as I've seen in videos online.

So now I've just finished up that one, here's a couple pics.  After its all dry, I plan to trim off the overhang.  Always better to have more room to work than less.




And yes, that is X-braced.  We decided to try steel strings on this beast.  I found a company that makes them for all sizes of ukes, proposed the idea, and she went for it.

Here's the soprano while i'm at it:


No comments:

Post a Comment