Wednesday, June 15, 2011

1952 Gibson Southern Jumbo

Just picked this one up today.  My mom works at a dentist office and last week overheard a patient complaining about a shop wanting to charge him 3 grand for a repair, so she yelled out that I do repairs.  She had him give me a call and arranged for me to come look at it when he picked up his teeth today.  I took a look at it while he was being examined by the dentist.  3 of the braces are loose or fallen, there's a split in the top, and it could use a new saddle.  I quoted him a fair price, told him I'd need a few weeks to order a couple things and work carefully, and he excitedly handed it over.  Checked it out on ebay, and there's one in similar condition selling for twice what the shop told him its worth, so that'll probably make him even happier.  Can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment