Monday, October 14, 2013

Going back in time, #005 - Soprano Ukulele

This one I actually started 2 years ago.  I had started it mainly because I had the wood laying around, but it got put on the backburner as I had gotten several commissioned instruments to keep me busy.  After awhile, one of our cats knocked it down, leaving a couple hairline cracks in the back, so I just shelved it indefinitely.

A few weeks ago, a childhood friend came by to hash out the details on a guitar for her oldest son.  Her middle one seemed to take a liking to all the instruments, so I offered her this one for him since I had it already partially done.  I was able to fix the cracks without having to redo it, and got it all routed and sanded over the past 2 days.  Still needs some finish sanding on the top and back before I can stain it though.



No comments:

Post a Comment