Monday, July 8, 2013

Overdue update on the L-00/L-UU

So I've been dealing with a couple setbacks over the past week or so.  First, The bindings shattered while I was flushing them up to the body, and then the dyes I had bought to stain the guitar just weren't taking well.  I don't think I will be using that brand again.  So I talked to my aunt and she gave me the go-ahead to just paint it.  I typically would not want to paint birch, but the dye was horribly uneven and dried with a white residue (i'm guessing the dye had a high salt content), and I'm on a deadline, so stripping it was out of the question.  I'm actually pretty pleased with the results so far.



I still need to sand the sides a little bit, install the bindings, and add a little filler where the router bit skipped before I paint the sides.  That should be coming in the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment