Thursday, December 8, 2011

Steel String Concert Ukulele

So the past week has been a nightmare.  I was almost done finishing the ukulele when I noticed some dull/dry spots in the finish.  It took forever, and multiple failing efforts, but I finally realized the finish I had mixed up got a hair in it and started to solidify.  I mixed up a new batch, and within a day and a half, I managed to fix it.  So here's the specs, and then some pics:

  • 15" scale length
  • Shape based on the classic Gibson L-00
  • Bookmatched maple green burst front and back
  • Matched maple sides
  • Maple neck with steel reinforcement bar
  • Slotted headstock with classical style tuners
  • Ebony fretboard and bridge
  • Mother of pearl inlays
  • White plastic binding
  • serial number #003
Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.  I still need to make the case for it, I would've had that done by now, but the problem with the finish cost me a week.  Anyways, here she is





No comments:

Post a Comment