Monday, September 19, 2011

Lou Shields Shitar Deluxe

So I've been bad about updating this.  My phone broke, so I wasn't able to take pics for a couple days.  New phone takes ok pics, so here's a couple.

I did the sunburst on the top last night.  Mixed my own dyes instead of using minwax, came out pretty good.  This pic has some bad contrast, I don't have photochop so I can't do much as far as editing goes.  I also touched it up so the dark areas were more even after taking this.



In person, it has a much nicer yellow/amber tone that fades into the black.  For the sides and back I'm just using dark walnut Minwax.  I really liked how that brought out the grain on the plywood on the original shitar. 

Just got the mail, and the tuners have arrived.  I found some classical/slottedstyle tuners that were separated rather than 3x3, so these are perfect for a 4 string.  I'll make something stupid with the other 2 and the scraps from this most likely.



Once I finish the staining, I'll cut the soundhole and route the headstock for the tuners and get some pics up.

No comments:

Post a Comment