Tuesday, May 5, 2009

been awhile

So I pretty much finished what i'm now referring to either as the Shitar, or the Shitbox Git-box. I just need to make a few minor adjustments. I forgot to factor in the neck bow from using such a thin, weak piece of wood, so I gotta lower the action with thinner pieces for the bridge and nut. Here's some of the pics of the staining, tuners, my crap ass string tree i fashioned from a shard of broken pickguard, and everything else. I had tried to create a tobacco burst effect, but this was my first time working with stains and it turned out looking like poop. Hence the name... Oh, I also kinda like the way the back turned out, I just used a straight walnut stain, 2 coats. the way it soaked into the grain looks kinda cool to me.
I kinda forgot to take a full view of it strung up. I'll do that later














No comments:

Post a Comment